Landis+Gyr has several entry-paths for college students who are looking for exciting careers. Our co-op program is designed to help you gain practical experience side-by-side with leaders in our company. We are always on the lookout for exceptional students who are interested in making a valuable contribution to Landis+Gyr's success while expanding their knowledge of the energy industry.
With oversight and direction from the team leader(s), the co-op will:
* Assist with the overall network design while, in support of other network design engineers and technicians in the Network Design group. This may include:
* Process meter data using latest geocoding tools
* Support other engineers in developing network designs using high-end propagation tool
* Assist with engineering design and project implementation activities and deliverables under the leadership of project engineers who lead the organization's design and development of complex smart metering system projects across the Americas. This position will support activities to deliver technically correct projects on time, on budget and within the defined scope
* Perform other project work as assigned.
* Must be available to work for at least 3 semesters before graduation and be at minimum 1st semester junior (current graduation date of December, 2019 or later).
* Ability to work with a team in completion of activities and tasks.
* Ability to communicate well (written and verbal).
* Out-going, high-energy personality, highly organized
* Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
* Reliable transportation to our Alpharetta, GA office
* RF antenna design theories and principles is a plus
* Must be pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in a 4-year accredited institution in electrical engineering Current academic standing of junior or higher
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
EOE/ AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Associated topics: design, diagram, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, msee, power, schema, signal processing, transmission