The basic purpose or function of this position is to evaluate components to determine reparability, work scope, process capability, repair cost, required tooling, fixtures, etc. Uses OEM's Overhaul Manuals to determine component part number, engine applicability, cleaning requirements, inspection requirements, and repair work scope needed to support repair development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Compile project plans to show people/departments involved and implementation progress and completion schedules
* Generate all required routings, procedures, process descriptions to be used for R&D and production implementation
* Follow project through all phases of conception, R&D, production implementation, and continued production support
* Troubleshoot problems on existing production issues requiring Engineering support and input
* Support production processing in areas of welding, brazing (torch and vacuum), heat treating, peening (shot and glass bead), thermal spray, surface finishing, coating, machining, grinding , NDT
* Interface with customer Engineering to ensure customer engineering requirements are met (approvals, specifications, capabilities)
* Work with all department heads as needed to introduce, plan, incorporate, and follow through with projects as required
* Work closely with Tool Design for tooling/fixturing/gaging concepts, designs, costs, methods, etc.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
* 3 + years prior manufacturing experience, aerospace experience preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Capable of producing detailed and accurate data
* Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
* Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Our client is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Our client participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at our client's locations.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain