Structural Mechanics Modeling Analyst
Job Title: Structural Mechanics Modeling Analyst
Location: Neenah, WI
Scientist/Engineer to work as a member of the Global Research & Engineering (R&E) team to lead projects within the mathematical modeling team. Our clients consist of business units within KC engaged in a variety of projects ranging from manufacturing and process engineering to the development of new products. Process engineering opportunities range from traditional structural analysis to improve equipment speed and reliability to modeling web handling for high speed converting of complex nonwovens and tissues. Product development projects range from development of new-to-the-world products and optimizing existing product designs to deliver direct consumer benefits; this often includes understanding the mechanical interaction of consumer products with the human body.
Experienced Modeling Expert
* Candidates should have extensive experience with commercial structural mechanics FEA software; experience with Abaqus is preferred.
* Candidates should be familiar with the testing and characterization of polymeric or complex materials, including the selecting or revising of appropriate constitutive models in order to accurately represent mechanical behavior including inelastic, nonlinear large strains (often greater than 100%).
* Candidates should have the ability to create models with sufficient realism to accurately predict deformation of body and product when brought into contact - these problems will involve soft materials, such as fibrous composites, foams and human soft tissue.
* Candidates should be skilled in programming or scripting and be familiar with the Linux computing environment.
* Strong candidates may also have:
* Experience with optimization in modeling and simulation.
* Familiarity with code, data, or process management software and practices.
* Familiarity with SolidWorks.
* Experience with other computational methods and software (e.g. fluids, systems modeling, general scientific computation and data analysis, etc)
Skills & Traits
* Must be comfortable working with loosely-defined concepts inherent in early explore work and be able to convert them into tangible/solvable problems
* Self-starter with strong mathematical and analytical skills with sound understanding of scientific methods
* Candidates should demonstrate the ability to identify a level of accuracy appropriate to the problem and apply modeling techniques that can achieve the required accuracy
* Able to work effectively with business unit and external KC partners
* Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate with a diverse group of people including different cultures/languages, different business roles and different technical expertise
Level/Grade & Credentials
* M.S. /Ph.D. Physics or Mechanical Engineering, with experience with non-linear/inelastic materials undergoing large deformations, such as soft tissue, rubber, or similar materials.
* Three years of practical experience in related field (includes academic experience)
* Experience with FEA structural mechanics analysis; Statistics (e.g. JMP)
* Strong grasp of polymer and soft material behavior under large strain conditions, involving both plastic and viscous response
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Additional LocationsRoswell Building 400
Time TypeFull time
Associated topics: ansys, brakes, bsme, chassis, machine, mechanical, mechanical engineer, msme, thermal, vehicle