The Associate Director of Industrial Engineering will be a key member of the Wayfair Process Capabilities team. The AD will work closely with both the IE team and the various headquarter and final mile groups. The ADs primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement \"Best Practices\" and \"Best Methods\", support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. The AD will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. PM experience required. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing preferred. PMP Preferred with strong AutoCad Design stills. Sortation and automation experience in fulfillment or distribution required.
* Provides project management support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
* Experience designing and implementing complex sortation systems
* Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
* Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
* Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
* Manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
* Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
* Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
* Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
* Travel required - 40% to 60%
* Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering or 10+ Years of hands on field work
* 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
* This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
* Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
* A strong technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
* Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
* Excellent time management and multitasking skills
* Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
* Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain